Silicon Valley Code Camp : October 8th and 9th, 2011.session
Mergers and Acquisitions in Consumer Internet
About This Session
I would like to demystify mergers and acquisitions, specifically in the web/consumer internet space.
1. What are companies in the consumer internet space looking for?
2. How do they find targets?
3. What could you do to become a target if you so desire?
4. Talent and product acquisitions versus others acquisitions.
5. To sell or not to sell?
6. What to watch out for?
7. Negotiations, Term Sheets - what should you care and what should you not care about?
8. Talent interviewing by acquirer, purchase price splits and emotional issues around employment
9. Avoiding diligence trip-ups - commercial contracts, open source, employment non-competes.
10. PR and transition of product.
I was formerly with the Google Corporate finance and Corporate Development team (7 years) and did over 15 acquisitions.
Would propose an hour with Q&A as we go along to make it interactive.
(Unfortunately I can only attend on the 8th of October)