DonkeyCar, https://www.donkeycar.com/, is a free, open source project that provides instructions and source code to build, program, train and even race your own small-scale autonomous car. At its’ core, DonkeyCar is a high level self driving library written in Python. It was developed with a focus on enabling fast experimentation and easy contribution. It is has been called the Hello World of autonomous vehicles. This session will show you how easy and inexpensive it is to get started with autonomous vehicles. The session will cover:
- The anatomy of an autonomous scale car
- Behavioral Cloning or how to train a neural network to drive like you
- What you need to get started
- How to get help if you get stuck
- How to find others for learning and competing
Experienced Software Architect and Team Leader. DonkeyCar core committer. Explainer.