Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Node Authentication
Speakers: Randall Degges
Authentication is one of the least understood areas in web development -- and there’s a lot to know: how cookies and sessions work, how to properly encrypt user sessions, how to safely log users in and out of a web application, which libraries to use, etc.
In this talk, you will learn how to safely log users into web applications, secure REST APIs, the low-level details that make this possible, and which Node libraries you should be using (and where).
He will cover:
- How HTTP authentication works (form based and API based).
- What are cookies, and how do they work?
- How do sessions work?
- What is the best way to store user state in Node applications?
- What sort of encryption should be used to secure client-side cookies?
- Where does SSL fit into the picture?
- How does HTTP basic authentication work?
- How can you keep your cache secure?
- What libraries are useful?
- Not Interested