Mr. Mummert assumed his current senior administrative position as Vice President in 2012. His focus is leading the college in the effort to improve and expand training and education to meet workforce needs. He has been an administrator at Foothill College since 2001, serving as Interim Vice President of Workforce Development and Instruction; Dean of Business and Social Sciences; and Director of Foothill Facilities and Operations. Prior to his community college experience Mr. Mummert served as Associate Dean, Defense Language Institute at the Presidio of Monterey, California; Instructor, Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas; and Cultural Exchange Officer in Teresina, Brazil.
He earned his B.A. in Foreign Service and International Relations from Pennsylvania State University and his M.A. in Latin American Studies from the University of New Mexico. He also served in various positions as an Engineer Officer in the US Army in Germany and Panama.
Speakers: John Mummert
How do community colleges like Foothill College fit into the California education and workforce landscape? How does Foothill transfer 19 students to MIT in the past 6 years AND consistently have Dental Hygiene students with a 100% pass rate for the National Board? Come to this session and join this presentation and open discussion lead by John Mummert, VP of Workforce Development and Institutional Advancement at Foothill. Topics will include:
- What Opportunities Are Available to become a Foothill College Student
- What Opportunities Are Available to Teach at Foothill College
- What Opportunities Are Available for Your Company to Work with Foothill Including Internships
- How Does Foothill College Fit into the California Education System
- Learn Why Foothill Sends so Many Students for Advanced Degrees to Colleges like Stanford, MIT and Others
- Not Interested